No products in the cart.
Black & White Fur with Pastels
What Will I Learn?
- How to create a rich and intense black and withe coat with pastels.
- How to make the subject’s coat shine both in white and black tonalities.
- How to achieve depth in fur by working with lights and darks to make the subject stand out.
- How to use soft pastels and sponges for the base layers.
- How to use pastel pencils to create a painting full of highly detailed elements, on top of the base layers.
- How to create a light source in our subject.
- The importance of correct choice and use of colour in a portrait.
- How to identify and choose the correct colours of the subject looking at our reference photos.
- How to use soft pastels and sponges to create a perfectly smooth background.
- How to perfectly integrate the subject with the background.
- How to choose the right background colour for the subject.
- We will work on one specific subject.
- How to create depth, shine, colour and reflection within the eyes, as Eye's are the window to the soul.
- How to create a healthy wet nose, tongue and mouth features, achieving a realistic look.
- How to create realistic metallic elements like collar, tags, etc.
- How to add those final and extremely important details (whiskers, fine hairs) that will give our subject that extremely realistic and fluffy look.
Topics for this course
Complete Materials List
Getting ready to paint
6-Print your photo00:03:04
Files to print
7-Paper and Support00:02:46
Base Layers – Left Side
10-Black Base Layer00:23:08
11-White Base Layer00:11:31
12-Nose Base Layer00:04:34
13-Eye Base Layer00:03:06
14-Tongue Base Layer00:05:42
Details – Left Side
15-Black Fur (top)00:46:07
17-Black Fur (bottom)00:07:10
Base Layers – Right Side
21-Black Base Layer00:18:14
22-White Base Layer00:05:33
23-Eye Base Layer00:03:04
Details – Right Side
29-Body Base Layer00:17:00
31-Adding the final details00:08:12
Download photos of the final portrait
Extras & Advice
Extra 1 – Sharpening your Pencils00:03:49
Extra 2 – Improving your Linework00:03:05
Extra 3 -Difficulties adding details?00:07:36
Extra 4 – Protecting your artwork
- In this course, I explain things from beginning to end. My technique for pastel portraits is extremely specific; I do things differently than the typical pastel technique, so to me, it is important to explain the whole process of why I do what I do and how I do it. This means both beginners and advanced people will learn from my course.